As an example, say your e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org. When Catermonkey sends emails to your customers, by default the 'sender' field will show your company name but with an email address ending with @mail.catermonkey.com.
The reason we do this, is to prevent e-mail from getting in your customer's SPAM boxes.
If you prefer to have your company's real email address there, you need to make a change to the DNS settings of your domain, and, after that, check the checkbox on the Branding & Design settings page.
Please do the following:
- Log in to the page of the internet provider company where you registered your domain
- Find the DNS settings page
- Add a DNS Record, with type TXT, domein @ and with value/target
“v=spf1 include:mail.catermonkey.com ~all”
- Take care: if there already is such a record, edit that existing record, and make sure you add
- ... just after the previous value for "v=spf1 " (note the space). Leaving the rest intact.
- After that, you have to wait a few hours for the changes to take effect.
Wondering if your settings are correct? Shoot us a message in the chat, and we can check it for you.